I have been working in the field of architecture for almost 25 years, with a focus on healthcare for the past 18.
- ASHE presentation in San Diego – 2010. I wrote and submitted the initial draft of a white paper and pursued the speaking engagement which was accepted. I presented “A New Game” with Stan Davis (VP at Cook Children’s) Mark Linenberger (Linbeck) and Eduardo Calderon (SSR)
- McGraw Hill, presenter and panelist on BIM in healthcare
- Co-authored an article in “Health Facilities Management” magazine published March 2012, “The BIM Revolution”
- Co-authored and byline in Medical Journal Houston published March 2012, “What is BIM? A revolution for facilities, teams and the bottom line”
- NFPA healthcare subcommittee member. In 2004 I was nominated and appointed to this committee, where I presently serve. This committee actively participates and reviews all upcoming NFPA codes that may affect healthcare. I have actively debated code issues on the floor at the NFPA national committee meetings. I have also been responsible for getting other committee members nominated and appointed to this position, as positions became available.
- As an AIA member, I have taught classes at my local chapter to help prepare students for code questions on the architectural exam Informally, I help guide others who are pereparing for the architectural exam, making sure to point out real world issues that may be tested on paper and encouraging study.
Education:Louisiana Tech University, May 1988, Bachelor’s of Arts and Science, focus on Architecture